MaddeMichael's GameMaker Utility Scripts
A downloadable Script Pack
A bunch of 14 miscellanious scripts that I tend to use pretty frequently.
- Some quick alternatives to show_debug_message (sdm) - shows debug and returns the input (i.e, var bob = sdm("egg"); is perfectly valid), is quicker to write, and has some conditional variants
- "uniform(name)" - Just makes getting shader uniforms for the current shader quicker and easier to read (for me, at least)
- "string_split" - really useful for parsing strings
- "in_grid" - checks to see if an x and y fall within the bounds of a ds_grid
- Alternate "lerps"
- "ord_to_text" - Converts a keycode to a string version (for input config menus) - Unfortunately, only in English though...
- A few others! What do they do? Probably something useful, but not that important!
Free to use for whatever I guess! I'll probably shove a few more scripts in over time!
Probably works in GMS1.4, surely functions in GMS2
Click download now to get access to the following files: